October 11, 2014 - October 12, 2014 (All Day)
October 17, 2014 - October 18, 2014 (All Day)
Start your wishlist and receive exclusive ring, giveaways and sales alerts
Dax Shepard and Kristen Bell haven’t exactly done anything traditionally. The couple waited until equal marriage was legal in California to get married themselves, and the proposal happened over Twitter! But here’s something new– Dax doesn’t wear a wedding ring because he doesn’t like to wear jewelry.
Dax found a way to do it different. Instead of a ring, he has a “bell” tattooed on his finger. Because, ya know, Kristen BELL. Within the tattoo are the letter K, D, and L : Kristen, Dax, and Lincoln (their daughter). (He starts talking about this around 0:35 of the video.)
What say you, ladies? I mean, it used to annoy me that my husband had to take his wedding ring off to go climbing. I know, I know– it’s a safety thing. But the very idea of that sacred band leaving his finger made me feel kind of funny. If your guy declared that he doesn’t like to wear jewelry, would you trade him having a tattoo on his ring finger for a wedding ring?
Photo Courtesy of The Ellen Show.
Football season has kicked into motion and all the crazy fans out there are rejoicing (or crying) with their teams. If you and your significant other are cheering from the sidelines or the comforts of your own home, here are four ideas to incorporate your love of sports into your proposal.
1. Have it signed. Very few people can say no to helping in a proposal. Send a football and a pleading letter to your favorite team and hope for the best. While you may have to wait a little longer, having a football that says “Will You Marry Me?” and is signed by some of your sweeties favorite players is worth it, don’t you think?
2. Surprise game! Surprise her with tickets to a game, especially if she’s never been to one before. Whether you’re near the field or high in the bleachers, it will be a time she’ll never forget. Choose your moment wisely to propose– and if you’re high up, make sure you have a good handle on that ring.
3. Stadium Tour. Plenty of stadiums offer tours. Set up a tour with your sweetie and when you’re near the field or in the locker room, drop to one knee! She’ll be in heaven (literally) due to being proposed to on ‘sacred ground’.
4. Paraphernalia Proposal. Prepare her place with as much paraphernalia as you can possibly find for a game day. Watch from the comforts of your home alone or with friends and family with her dressed in a new jersey (signed, perhaps?). When the team is ahead (whether they win or not), go for that touchdown proposal.
Photo Credit: Giants.com
I stumbled across this video and thought it was too hilarious not to share. While the video is “If Girls Proposed to Guys”, I think it should be something like, “Guys Think Rings Are Like Lunch Boxes.”
No, I’m not serious. But this is way too funny.
Because, let’s face it. Even if you have the man with the money, they don’t seem to understand our desire for the bling that may be well above their pay grade. Like in the video implies, my husband is more inclined to spend over our budget on appliances rather than the ‘pretty stuff’.
So, if we were proposing to our guys, is this how it would go? No, I don’t think so. It does do an excellent job of showing how these conversations go, and makes me laugh because it is insane to think of an $8,000 lunch box. But an $8,000 engagement ring? I mean, if he had the funds– I have to admit I’d be just as ridiculous.
The moral of the story is: never make fun of your guy for wanting something insanely expensive that may seem ridiculous, because that’s how he feels when he thinks of spending that much money on an engagement ring.
Oh! And the construction crew rushing up over the lunch box like girls act when one comes to show off her new bling? Priceless.
Mindy and Andrew have been together for a while, and the time has come for Andrew to engaged. He just has one slight problem: Mindy’s list. She’s told him everything that has to happen before they take that next step.
Instead of feeling completely overwhelmed, Andrew decides to show Mindy just how “serious” he is by making a romantic comedy-like movie trailer including friends and family and Mindy herself, and how he’s made it through her sacred list. He rents out a movie theatre and fills it with friends and family for the event. To skip ahead, he drops to one knee at 3:30, but come on. You have to watch the video.
This trailer had me rolling with laughter and crying just from Mindy’s reactions and Andrew’s quirky self. When Mindy says that she just wants to know that Andrew put time into their proposal, I think this proves he did just that (and checked everything off the list)!
In Ancient Greece it used to be considered a marriage proposal if a guy threw an apple at a girl. Luckily, we’ve progressed since then. However, those ancient men may have had the right idea– by proposing with the fruit, I mean. Here are a few more elaborate ideas.
1. Take Her Apple Picking. If you live anywhere near an orchard, or want to make a bed & breakfast road trip out of it, go do some picking! Not only is it a fun atmosphere and will present a wonderful backdrop (yeah… you should invite a friend or photographer), but you’ll reap the benefits of a new engagement and some sweet fruit to turn into a pie (or whatever else tickles your fancy).
2. To the core. Take a heart-shaped cookie cutter to some apple slices and put the ring in there instead. Whether you use string to secure it or put it on her plate that way, it’s a sweet way to let her know she’s the ‘apple of your eye’.
3. Get crafty. Check out this adorable craft from Crafty Moods and make it a ring box. Include some appleseeds or treats to go with the theme of your proposal. When you present it to her, she’ll have no idea what’s really hiding inside!
Have some apple-sweet proposal ideas? Leave a comment!
Photo Courtesy of Crafty Moods
Alex and Anna met when they were in college at USC. Put a few years under their relationship belt and they’re there visiting as alumni. Alex decided it was high time to propose, so he enlisted the help of the current a cappella groups at the college. Needless to say, Anna was surprised.
The two are called on stage as USC lovers and Alex gives the group a song to serenade his sweetie with. It seems “too good to be true” when the group knows the song immediately, but as Alex joins in on the singing Anna must’ve known something was up.
I’m a sucker for proposals like this. Personally I think you should enjoy the tunes, but if you want to skip ahead to the moment at 4:00.
If you didn’t guess, this made me cry. Oh, the talent!
Lisa and Paudie were expecting their first baby– a precious little boy.
This new dad decided to enlist the help of his son (already) in one great surprise for the love of his life. Before the baby was handed over to his mommy again, dad had him dressed in a very special onesie which read, ‘will you marry my daddy?’
Lisa uploaded a picture of the special moment to her Facebook.
Not only did she get to announce the birth of her son, Conan, but her engagement as well. She said it was the ‘happiest day of her life’.
It’d be pretty hard to say no to a proposal like this. As you can imagine, she didn’t. Who could say no to the love of her life and her newborn?
Congrats (on all accounts) to the happy family!
Photo courtesy of Lisa Keogh’s Facebook.
Stand back, gentlemen. I present to you a way to propose to your girl without her stumbling across the typical engagement ring box. Please say hello to the Clifton, formally known as the Packed Engagement Ring, from Canada-based designer Andrew Zo.
This sleek ring case ranges from $99 – $119. It’s the perfect solution if you’re awful with surprises. I mean, it’s one thing to carry around a slim case that resembles a wallet– it’s another to carry around the typical box.
The Clifton is on the left, wallet on the right.
At approximately 1cm thick, Clifton presents the ring with a flower blooming effect when opened, making the moment even more enchanting.
For more information, follow this link. I think all men should look into this option– it’s just so cool!
Photos Courtesy of Clifton/Andrew Zo
The Pumpkin Spice Latte is back, which means it’s not too early to start thinking pumpkin when it comes to proposing. Here are three ideas!
1. Carve it out. You have many options here. Host a pumpkin carving party and have everyone in on the fun, carving a letter for each pumpkin. Carve pumpkins together and have your secret message hidden until your grand reveal. Surprise her with a carved pumpkin on her porch, in a pumpkin patch– see what I mean?
2. Pumpkin Patch. Go on a hot date to a local pumpkin patch or farmer’s market for the fall. Place the ring on the stem of a little pumpkin and tell her you found the perfect one. Hand her the surprise, then drop to one knee (once she’s noticed the pumpkin’s accessory).
3. Put it IN the pumpkin. Hollow out your pumpkins for carving. Offer to take out the ‘guts’ of hers and once it’s nice and clean put the ring inside. Just make sure to be like, “Make sure it’s clean enough before you put the light in it, honey.” What a way to find the ring!
Photo Credit: Photo courtesy of Facebook, originally taken by Casey Robey.
While proposing on birthdays can be a tricky business, more and more people are taking advantage of making the special day even more special. Here are three ideas to make her wish come true before (or after) the candles are blown out.
1. Write it on the cake. Surprise her by having the cake not only say, “Happy Birthday” but “Will You Marry Me?” as well! Have someone else bring the cake out so you can drop to one knee as she sees everything in writing. Perfect, because people with cameras won’t look suspicious!
2. Wrap it up. THE RING. Wrap up the ring. Put it in the ring box, in a larger box, in a larger box, and so on. You can get creative with this. When she’s unwrapping this huge present, her mind running wild with possibilities, she’ll have no idea that what’s really waiting inside is an engagement ring!
3. Surprise Party. Throwing her a surprise party for her birthday is wonderful, but this one can double as an engagement party! Have all your friends and family there as a big surprise, only to make it even more dramatic when you pick the moment to drop to one knee.
Which sounds like the best birthday proposal to you?
Photo Credit: Shutterstock