RELATIONSHIPS

QUIZ: Is He About to Propose?

You knew when you met him there was something different about him. Maybe it was the way he slightly moved the hair out of your face when you first kissed. Or how your hands molded together so perfectly it felt like they were always meant to hold one another. It could have been how your parents liked him the second they met him – and honestly, so did you. Your guy is a very special and sweet part of your life and you’re ready for that next step – but is he? Take our quiz to see if the big question is coming up or if you’re in for a little longer of a wait.

1. How long have you been exclusively dating your boyfriend?

2. Have you met each other’s families?

3. Do you live together? Or have you talked about it?

4. Have you talked about marriage with your guy?

5. In your heart-of-hearts, how serious do you think your boyfriend feels about you?

6. Close your eyes. Imagine yourself five, ten or fifteen years from now. Can you comfortably (and easily) imagine your life with your boyfriend?

7. How has he been acting lately that makes you wonder about engagement plans?

8. What’s your guy’s financial situation?

Comments (35)

1. Rio says:

Ready?

2. Darlene says:

I am ready for him to ask me, I know he is the one I’m meant to be with. I knew it from the beginning!

3. ashley says:

Well we have been together for 2 years and June 5th will be 3 years and ill be so glad when he does pop the question! I mean we have been leaving together a year and aug will be 2 years! Ill just be glad when he does pop the question, its just taking him forever ugh

4. Wryan Elliott says:

We’re moving to another state in 1 month. Everyone is acting strange regarding our farewell dinner party! No one will tell me anything about it. I wasn’t in on the planning or anything. I seriously hope he’s proposing I’ve waited for this day for my entire life. And without the shadow of a doubt I know he’s the one.

5. Leza says:

I have been with my boyfriend for over 6 years, it’s out 7 year anniversary this June. I really really hope he is thinking about popping the question finally! How long does a girl have to wait??
    Fingers crossed!

6. Janice says:

I’m ready for my guy to ask me i know he is the one that i want to spend the rest of my life with

7. cheyenne says:

it says hes guna propose but i deffinitly dont believe this quiz he never talks about it unless something bad happens with us to where we arent together, like if i leave him but ive ben with him for more then 2 yrs an we have a 1 yr old son, i wana another one soon in a couple yrs but i wana be married…n i dont see that

8. abby says:

OMG i am so ready for my guy to ask me to marry him

9. Katherine says:

I’ve been with my boyfriend 5 years. We own a house together. We are raising my two kids. I don’t know if he is going to ask or not to marry me but if he doesn’t I will walk away.

10. Kathleen says:

Like everyone else on the comments, I AM SO READY FOR HIM TO PROPOSE TOO!!! As kids, we were told we’d find the one and live happily ever after. I thought it was one smooth transition, didn’t realize there was all this waiting involved!!! Dang reality. Lol.

11. mandy says:

I can’t immagine my life without him!!!!I’m ready!!!!!

12. Preya says:

Awe shucks

13. joanne says:

I known him for 30 years we was just friends now we became more then friends we been together 4 years I’AM READY FOR HIM TO PROPOSE!!!! LOOKING FORWARD TO OUR JOURNEY!!!! :) :) <3

14. Ramonita says:

My boyfriend of 4 months asked me if I’d ever consider re-marrying one day. That question came up only a month after meeting him. I thought nothing of it. But, now I’m curious if he’d ever ask me to marry him-since all is going so well as he mentioned a few times. He was talking out loud a couple of times and mentioned how he’s gonna need a house and a wife, then looked at me. But I thought he was just kidding. Why would anyone kid about something like that, I don’t know-but sure hope he’s thinking about it in the future. He’s the one who brought up the subject about living together-so I haven’t pressured him about anything so far. Wish me luck, ladies. I wish all of you luck as well.

15. Alicia says:

My boyfriend and I have been together for 5 years this Friday. We lived with my parents for 2 years and we have been on our own for 6months. I thought he was going to propose then he spoke to his mum over the phone. I think she convinced him we are too young (I am 22, will be 23 in 2months) and she also tried to convince me. She has been spinning this stuff about not NEEDING to get married in this day and age. Apparently marriage is old fashioned?

If he doesn’t propose I thought I would give him another year. I am about to help pay for his college and really want to make sure that he is serious and his mother isn’t messing things up.

16. Amanda says:

It will be 6 years in February, he better pop the question soon or I will begin to wonder if he ever plans to. :-p

17. Steph says:

Mine tells me it is guaranteed he will ask, and I hope soon…eek… I am sick of watching all my other friends get married.

18. Jade says:

My boyfriend and I have been together for almost 3 years. I am so anxious to get engaged that i almost blurted out ‘will you marry me?’ in bed the other night. But i didn’t. The waiting is painful.

19. cynthia says:

My boyfriend has recently said he was going to marry me in a year or two. We have been bestfriends for 2 years and we have been together for 7 months. We are both in love and we are already plannin a vacation to hawaii. I know hes going to marry me one day but just not right now because were too “young”

20. TC says:

LOL Oh I so don’t think so that’s just to FUNNY! We’ve been together for 7 years and He’s so Dead set on not getting married that was have Blow out fights cause of it. Matthew of Fact I’m so tire of waiting I’d like him to ask just so I can say HELL NO!

21. Unnamed says:

He Proposed On an Area With a good view ❤️ I will never forget the moment that he said I want to live my life with you the rest of my life… Nah I Just said this for fun

22. Unnamed says:

I’m Not Even A Girl

23. Natalie says:

I know he’s the one for me. We met at camp he looked at me, i looked at him and that was it

24. leah says:

wish my bf and I lived together already or for him to propose soon, I feel like its never gonna happen for me ;(

25. Kitty says:

I’ve been going out with my boyfriend for 3 years now and after we had sex he said jokingly I am getting old ( he actually isn’t) and I’ll need to get married soon. I took this test and it said he would propose to me!

26. Unnamed says:

Um, I’ve been with my guy a month now, but I kind of knew him a little before we dated. But not too long ago he was looking at engagement rings and promises rings right next to me, then asked me what I would do if he proposed. I was so shocked I didn’t know what to say. He’s been calling me his future wife and we talk about a future tighter. He also told me he has a surprise for me this 27th a day after his birthday and I’m really nervous and I just got the he’ll propose answer. I love him but I’m really nervous!

27. anonymous says:

I took this quiz a year ago because i felt he might ask and here i am another year later and nothing has happened yet… maybe someday (i hope).

28. Rebecca says:

I be been my bf for 5 years October long weekend. We have lived together for 2 and a half years and we never fight. We can’t imagine our lives without one another. We are practically married anf that’s great but I am hoping he isn’t too comfortable with the way things are now. He knows I really want to get married be a due I was dropping hints like crazy to the point hen told me to stop it it will never happen. I haven’t spoken about it for 6 months now and nothing yet… I know he has money. I also know he wants to go on a holiday for our 5 year anniversary so I am hoping it will happen then! If it doesn’t I will be pretty disappointed but I’ll keep on waiting because he is worth it. I just hope I don’t have to wait too long because I’ve been ready for him to propose for a while now. We are in the middle of house renovations at the moment. Everything is moving along smoothly…. He is such secretive person I wouldn’t have a clue if he is going to propose or not. I can’t go by the usual hints like guarding his phone and browser history because he always guards his phone and deleted his history. Haha I guess i have to wait and see !!

29. Rebecca says:

I stuffed up a lot in the last post… One thing I want to clear up is it was meant to say “to the point he told me to stop nagging or it will never happen/take longer”

30. ali says:

I have known my boyfriend for 9 years and we have been best friends since. We have only been dating for 2 1/2 years. Ive asked him about if he see’s us together in the future or not. He says yes. Well one day he says i have a surprise for you. I kept asking what it was and all he would say is, its not ready yet. Well one day we were fighting and he said he was going to ask me to marry him and he was planning on doing it soon, and i would just have to act surprised. Well since there has been no sign and he has been distant. Its been months since he said he was going to. Its been all i can think about since, and its drivening me nutsm i bope he goes through with it soon..

31. Laura says:

Ive been with my boyfriend for 6 years this september (living together for 5) and lately he has had a bit of a health scare and has said to me that hes realised that some things shouldnt really have to wait. He’s been acting more loving.. as in he keeps telling me how much I mean to him and how much he loves me. We are going away for a few days and Im hoping with all my heart that hes been acting odd because hes going to pop the question on our trip. As a few people have said above, if he doesnt I will be disappointed but hes the one I want to spend the rest of my life with so I will just wait.. but I just want to take the relationship to the next level.

32. Chyron says:

My bf and I have been official for just under 2 years and I’m DYING for a proposal, because I SO know he is the one! What’s maddening, though, is that when we’re watching movies with people getting married, he’ll hold me extra-close and kiss my forehead and he’s said little things here and there – “That’ll be us one day”, “I picture us getting married at my church” and recently, when friends got married, “Will you be next to wear a white dress?” But! The day after the latter example, I brought it up and said I WOULD like to get married. He said he wasn’t ready and has basically stopped with the intimations, though we did watch a movie about a week ago and during the proposal, he did that hug ‘n kiss thing. Talk about dueling actions/words. I just don’t know what to think, but I do know that he’s got another 6 months and then I’m gone (though I’m not TELLING him that, lest he think it’s an ultimatum)!

33. me says:

We have been together 5 years in Sept. and lived together almost as long. outside of actual marriage we pretty much are. I even carry him on insurance and such. I think I would have a heart attack if he ACTUALLY ever did propose. I truly believe actual marriage is not in the cards for this relationship, but I also do not believe either will end relationship over it either. Just don’t get any vibes from him that he wants a wife.

34. Ashley says:

Uhg been together 7yrs since July we have lived together for 5 yrs and we both have great jobs and our families love us have met get along and everything…yet nothing has happened, fustrating.

35. lori sherman says:

me and my boyfriend are already engaged and I proposed to which I know isn’t normal