Planning on surprising her with a romantic proposal? Make sure you don’t forget the ring! But we know that sometimes, proposals can’t be much of a surprise (especially if you picked the ring together). That doesn’t mean you can’t make a romantic moment out of it!
Pop the question in a meaningful way and create a memory neither of you will never forget. Surprise or not, jewelry designer Sylvie from the Sylvie Collection gives us a few do’s and don’ts for the perfect proposal.
– DO consider your partner’s preferences when deciding if it will be a private or public proposal
– DO try to incorporate elements that are meaningful to your partner like family, friends, pets, music, restaurants or other personal touches
– DON’T overcomplicate your proposal plans
– DO plan in advance and be prepared to make changes along the way – surprise proposals rarely go 100% according to plan – just like life!
– DON’T tell everyone – stress the importance of keeping it secret!
– DO plan something romantic, special and heartfelt – ask your partner the way they would love to be asked
– DON’T forget the ring
Non Surprise Proposal
– DO prepare a few sentimental words the day you purchase the engagement ring
– DON’T forget about the famous engagement question “How did he ask?” — make sure your partner has something romantic about the engagement to share
– DO plan something romantic like a date night, vacation or family gathering to celebrate the engagement
– DON’T forget traditions that may be important to your partner or their family – like asking their family for a blessing in marriage
– DO try to plan some type of tiny “out of the blue” romantic surprise like a handwritten love letter or breakfast in bed
Photo Credit: sharetipsdancara