October 11, 2014 - October 12, 2014 (All Day)
October 17, 2014 - October 18, 2014 (All Day)
Start your wishlist and receive exclusive ring, giveaways and sales alerts
“Diamonds are a girl’s best friend,” isn’t always true. With that being said, every girl loves gifts. It doesn’t matter if it’s a pair of new running shoes or a new sewing machine or camera equipment, every girl has something that she desires that maybe hasn’t gotten around to buying or is saving to get. So, how do you lead up to your proposal? Shower her with gifts, of course!
Ok, ok… I know what you’re thinking. I already bought her an engagement ring, for crying out loud!
You’re right. But if your girl’s love language is things to unwrap, there’s no harm in surprising her with a few more gifts before surprising her with the ultimate one– a diamond ring.
Here are three ideas.
1. Weekly Work Surprises. Whether she works in the office or at a local Starbucks, find a way to surprise your girl at work. Send her flowers one day, bring a balloon the next, or maybe surprise her with a lunch date! Whatever you want to spoil her with, doing it at the work place cannot hurt. After all, it may not be her favorite place to be at the moment, but a necessity. You make her work day extra special by surprising her with something! At the end of the week, surprise her by showing up in a suit with a ring. If you don’t want to propose at her work place, don’t sweat it. You can obviously propose somewhere else!
2. Send her mail. I don’t mean just order her flowers. Even if you’re not a long distance couple, sending her a package is a sweet thought that is bound to win you super kudos. If you’re planning on proposing down the road, you can make this a monthly ordeal. Each month, send her a package for the season, maybe something she has coming up, or just some baked goods! Make sure to always include a thoughtful note, handwritten if you can! Have the last package have just a note, or something simple, and perhaps hand deliver it yourself. When she opens it, kneel down on one knee and propose! PS– Only put the ring in there if you are hand delivering!
3. Be a “Hitch”. If you haven’t seen Will Smith as “Hitch” then you really need to. It is not an embellishment when he’s called “The Love Doctor.” Surprise your love with a messenger at work (who could just be a friend). Have the messenger call you and you ask your girlfriend what day she is free after giving her a few choices. Have your messenger then present her with a specific box with all she needs for the date, whether it’s a spa package and heels, or a baseball hat and cracker jacks. Then you can have her basically pick how her proposal is going to happen!
What do you think? Will these ideas make her swoon and yell, “Yes!” when you propose?
Photo Credit: The Style Box
There’s nothing more romantic than a getaway together, so what better way to propose? Here are four ideas on how to sweep her off her feet– almost literally!
1. The Bed and Breakfast. This destination doesn’t have to be far. It can even be in town! There’s something so romantic about staying somewhere else and still have the “home” feel. Go for a night or two, sleep in, and just enjoy each other’s company. When the moment is right, ask her to spend the rest of her life with you.
2. Fancy-Shmancy. Save up those pennies and plan a night out in your closest “big city”. Stay at the nicest hotel, eat out at the nicest restaurant, order room service in the morning– go all out. Make a night of it and see a show or go dancing, whatever it is that’s your style. Make it a night to remember with a ring on top of it all. She’ll certainly never forget it.
3. Sail Away. Ever been on a cruise? Personally, I haven’t, but it’s something my husband and I talk about doing all the time. Whether it’s somewhere tropical or an adventurous Alaskan destination is your choice. Plan the trip together or surprise her with it when she thinks you’re doing something else. Just make sure you check to see if she has a fear of open water or something. That would be a bust.
4. Dream Destination. Do you know what her #1 place to visit is? Like, the place she always dreams about going but isn’t sure she’ll ever make it? If you have the funds and/or the connections, make it happen for your proposal. Whisk her away like in a movie and make it the trip of her life. When she comes home, she’ll have so many memories to share with friends and family– and a shiny new engagement ring, to boot!
This month, our guest blogger Nikki Roberti shares her secrets on how to live healthy together without getting on each other’s nerve, from cooking tips to great advice on how to boost your self-esteem. For more of my healthy advice, recipes and married life shenanigans, check out Nikki Roberti’s blog Mrs Healthy Ever After.
Maintaining a healthy routine when living together can be tough. There is so many reasons to celebrate, so many moments rather spent together cuddling on the couch than at the gym. But you don’t have to give up on your health for the sake of your relationship. There is so many ways for you to stay healthy as a couple. And yes, you can even make it fun! Punishing yourself with terrifying diets is never the way. Why make yourself miserable? Healthy living is not just about weight, it’s about finding the right balance for you two without taking all the fun out of everyday life (and everyday meals).
Jack and Becca met when they were in elementary school but didn’t start dating until they were in college. After their first date, in September 2010, Jack decided he was going to marry Becca, and with that he was going to have one epic proposal.
Over the four years, Jack traveled the world by working multiple jobs and doing good deeds on his travels. Everywhere he went, he had shots taken of him lip-syncing to the song I’m Gonna Be (500 Miles) by The Proclaimers.
Fast forward to the after-party of their college graduation with friends and family (4:45) where Becca and everyone else with them actually viewed the video, and then Jack works up his courage and proposes.
I love that someone with them yells, “Get down on one knee!” I mean, come on, Jack–you did all this and then couldn’t remember that? But, really, man…you made me cry.
There’s a time in everyone’s life where superheroes are the thing. Whether you prefer The Avengers or The Justice League, or a different type of hero, there’s no denying that this can be another fetish. I mean, if you’re not dreaming of a knight in shining armor riding in and saving the day, you could be thinking about a superhero catching you as you fall to your peril, couldn’t you?
Contrary to what you may be thinking, I’m not suggesting that you have to dress up to get away with a proposal like this. Here are 3 ideas… and only one involves costumes, I promise!
1. Make a comic book. If you’re not an artist, find a friend who is! Put together a comic book project, no matter how small, to help you propose. This way you can make both of you into superheroes. After all, Mr. Incredible needed his Mrs. Incredible, am I right?
2. Be in disguise. If your girl has a Lois Lane obsession and works in journalism, please show up at the office and unbutton your shirt to reveal a superman shirt underneath. Ask her if you can be her superman and get down on one knee. If Superman isn’t her favorite, you can surprise her in some sort of fashion dressed as whoever is her favorite. If this is a thing, there’s no way she’ll say no. Just don’t go hanging upside down off a wall unless you know you can do so safely!
3. Movie Night. Unless your favorite doesn’t have a featured film, you can’t go wrong with movie marathons. You could go so far as to rent out a movie theatre to show her favorite movie, and create a preview trailer with you taking part in the film for your proposal. Does she love Captain America? Watch the first movie, go see the second, and then watch The Avengers! You could go the extra mile and dress up in uniform, and it could just be the 1940s dress uniform, you don’t have to have an “A” on a helmet for this one!
If all else fails, take a lesson from this guy. Not only does his fiance have a ring, but she has something that will remind her of his proposal for the rest of time. Any Iron Man fans here?
Photo Credit: Visio Photography
“First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes the baby in the baby carriage.”
It doesn’t always go like the song. Sometimes, the baby comes first.
Maybe you’ve been talking about marriage but haven’t found the perfect opportunity to propose, or maybe you’ve barely been together but you just know she’s “the one”, and SURPRISE!
Take a deep breath, my friend. You don’t have to get married, but if it was already on your list, there are some ways you can propose without her thinking it’s just because there’s going to be a baby in the picture. Here are four ideas!
1. Bun in the Oven. Offer to cook her dinner, set the timer on the oven (but it’s off), and then get distracted and ask her to pull dinner out. Well, “dinner” is actually some kind of bun, with a ring in it. It’s a clever twist on the announcement that she’s expecting. When she finds the ring, get down on one knee and tell her you don’t care that things maybe didn’t happen as you guys had planned or imagined, but you love her and want to spend the rest of your life with her and your little one as a family.
2. Baby Basket. Put together a gift basket for her with a bunch of baby gear. What to Expect When You’re Expecting, Antiacids, a baby names book, and some wonderful bubble bath (and chocolates or whatever she may be craving) are some ideas. Somewhere in there stick the ring. Tell her you can’t imagine a better way to get ready for baby than to be engaged. Reassure her this isn’t the only reason you’re proposing, but you can’t deny that a baby-in-the-making wasn’t the push you needed to get down on one knee.
3. Romantic Dinner for 3. Maybe you don’t want to make it all about the baby. Plan a relaxing night that involves some pickles and ice cream, not literally unless that’s what she wants. Pop the sparkling cider and make her some promises. Put her mind at ease about the pregnancy and when the baby arrives. Talk about things just the two of you can do before baby arrives, make a list, and then tell her there’s one thing she forgot to put on there– and write down, “Will you marry me?”
4. Whisk her away. Whether it’s a trip to a cozy spot only an hour away or a plane ride to the coast (which is possible early on in the pregnancy, just FYI), remind her that the romance isn’t going to fade just because she’s pregnant. During this romantic getaway, chose your moment to get down on one knee. What’s more romantic than being surprised with a getaway and a proposal, especially when your lives are getting ready to change drastically with another little person? Not much, I can tell you!
The most important thing to remember here, is to always remind her just how beautiful she is, how attracted you are to her, and how nothing is going to change your feelings!
Photo Credit: Imgur.com
Your girlfriend leads a busy life. She works, maybe goes to school, maybe has kids of her own– the add-ons are endless. Women tend to always be running around do one thing or another, and we all have to-do lists that are a mile long. They may not be literal, but even if a woman is laid-back, I can guarantee you she has a running list in her head. It’s just in our nature.
You’re getting ready to propose and you want her to be at ease. After all, you don’t want to be preparing for your big moment and she’s there stressing out because she has a big project at work she’s being “detained” from. I’m sure she doesn’t see it that way, but sometimes the to-do list can be the only thing she sees. So how do you make sure she’s de-stressed and overwhelmed by your love before you propose?
You play Cinderella for her for a little bit, of course. Here are three ideas.
1. To-Do List. You know that list of things your girlfriend needs done that she just hasn’t gotten around to? Like that light in her bathroom needs to be replaced, or maybe she needs to get her car inspected, or maybe it’s something as simple as going to the grocery store because her cupboards are bare. Whatever it may involve, do it for her. You can be open and ask her to make you a list of all the things she may need done, or a little more subtle and ask her what’s on her to-do list for the week. Do something each day, or pick one day and go all out. Either way, it won’t go unnoticed. Cook her dinner or plan her a party for your proposal. As long as her needs are met (and she doesn’t have to do anything), I guarantee you she’ll feel like the luckiest girl in the world.
2. Whistle while you work. You don’t have to have a to-do list from her to know some things need to be done. Surprise her with a spa package for a day, or have a girl friend be a decoy, to get her out of the house. Clean her place from top to bottom and let her come home to a clean house, food on the table, and you on one knee. I cannot tell you what kind of reaction I would have if my husband did this for me, and I mean that in a positive way.
3. Work Together. If you can’t find a way to take care of her to-do list without her being involved, that’s not a problem. Take the day and work together to get things done. From laundry to lawn-care, working together to spiffy the place up can be fun. What’s more important is it will make her feel more like Cinderella at the ball at the end of the day, instead of Cinderella scrubbing the floors by herself. You can be her prince charming by helping her take care of things, then surprise her in whatever way you desire with that ring at the end of the day.
If you want to do something that doesn’t involve scrubbing toilets, there are always other things to do (like with #1). Changing lightbulbs, assembling furniture, taking her car in to be inspected or for an oil change– all these things count for something, and will mean even more if she knows this is a preview to what marriage will be like.
I love the reactions to unexpected proposals. It’s so wonderful to capture people’s faces when they aren’t prepared, and I’m not talking about the one being proposed to. I’m talking about the people around them, whether strangers, friends, or family– the reactions are the best.
Nicholas and Elissa went through law school together. I mean, can you imagine? I recently had a friend graduate from the three-year program and let me tell you, just hearing about it from her, I know it’s not easy. So to do that and still have your relationship intact, especially when you’re both under the same type of pressure, deserves a lot of kudos. The way Nicholas proposed seems pretty understandable. When better to propose then when you’re celebrating your three-year victory at graduation?
Watch the people around them on stage. Nicholas kneels to receive his hood, and instead turns to Elissa with the ring, as she happens to be crossing the stage behind him.
The greatest reaction? The announcer’s. She doesn’t seem to know what to do at first. She starts to say Elissa name, then waits, then just says, “Wow.” No congratulations, no celebrating– just, “Wow.” Let’s hope that was a good one and not a, “I can’t believe they just did that.”
At least the people in the audience cheered, and the photographer ran over to capture the moment.
Did you have a public proposal? How did everyone react?
If you’re a single dad about to make the jump and propose, you may have a few questions in your mind. For example, how is this going to change your family dynamic? Your kid(s) have already met her, they approve, and everything will get into a new routine, but how do you continue to include them as you’re getting ready to tie the knot?
Here are three proposal ideas involving your kids (and/or hers) for Father’s Day.
1. Family Cookout. There’s nothing like grilling out for Father’s Day. If you ask me, it’s one of the best ways to celebrate. Some dads may want to take the day off (as if that’s possible), but others like to show off their skills and fire up the grill. Plan a family cookout and let her know just how important she is to making things work these days, and how thankful you are for her love and support. Have your kids (and/or hers) wear special aprons/hats that say, “Will you marry me?” on them. If you want to go for something more subtle, plan a moment that evening where they can have signs instead.
2. Photo booth fun. If a woman tells you she doesn’t like pictures, she’s lying. Some may not actually like to be in the pictures, but we all love pictures of our sweeties and kids. Take some silly pictures with your kids or just of your kids and present them to her as a gift. Sure, it’s Father’s Day, but tell her you wanted to recognize how you’re a better man/parent because of her. The pictures or the frame can say, “Will You Marry Me?” or, you know, something along those lines.
3. Let your kids plan it. This may be kind of hazardous, but if you have older children and you’re planning on changing your family, it’s just as important to let them know they’re not being sacrificed for your happiness in all of this. It may be hard for them to keep a secret, so tell them just a couple days in advance and tell them you’d like them to help you propose, then get to work. Letting them plan this and be a big role in the moment shows them, and your significant other, just what family really means.
Whatever you decide to do, good luck, and Happy Father’s Day (come June, of course)!
Did you know that according to recent studies one in every three bites of food consumed in the United States is either directly or indirectly pollinated by bees? Gumuchian created exquisite designs for this special collection inspired by bees. Part of the profits will go to a nonprofit organization: HoneyLove, protecting the bees and inspiring new urban beekeepers. The suite offered includes both links and cuff bracelets, earrings, pendants, rings, and five different bee related charms. Here is a sneak-peak with these beautiful earrings!