November 21, 2013 - January 1, 2014 (All Day)
December 13, 2013 - December 14, 2013 (All Day)
December 13, 2013 (All Day)
December 13, 2013 - December 14, 2013 (All Day)
The Autralian X Factor had quite a show when they agreed to help Greg propose to his girlfriend, Rita.
The proposal begins around 3:20 of the video when Greg begins his speech. He doesn’t drop to one knee until about 3:45.
My favorite part is that the two hosts interrupt him and go to the “judges” about Greg’s performance.
The judges? They’re Greg’s dad and Rita’s mom! Poor Rita is left holding Greg’s hand just waiting to accept him
She finally gets the chance at 5:16 when she says, “Yes, baby!”
Fall is approaching and so are fall proposals, but I couldn’t resist taking one more step back to check out this amazing beach proposal!
Taylor wanted to make a truly spectacular proposal. He and his now fiance, Dani, are both in school in Utah. Dani decided to go home the week and a half before school started to have some time with her family and friends, and Taylor decided to take advantage of it. He made a video of all the places they kissed (an “inside joke” sort of thing with the two of them) and she came across this awesome layout on the beach to watch it!
Her girlfriends and family were all in on it. As she watched, they gathered around her, and Taylor was on the beach somewhere! Once the video ended, he appears behind her, drops to one knee, and asks her to be his wife.
This happens around 6:50. All the kissing places go on, and on, and on. But, truly, how sweet?
How creative, thoughtful, and amazing is this?
Labor Day Weekend seemed to be the weekend of love for celebrities! Three definite engagements and one going around the rumor mill. Who was it, you ask? Well keep on scrolling for the news!
1. Lance Bass, the former ‘N Sync dreamboat, popped the question to his boyfriend of two years, Michael Turchin, in New Orleans. Bass stated he had a hard time finding a ring for his afianced, but I’d say he did a good job!
2. Katie Couric, in case you missed the post, has finally found love after being a widow since 1998. John Molner had a bit of a time proposing to her. Apparently he started telling her how much he loved her on the beach, and she kept interrupting him! He finally had to TELL her he was trying to propose!
3. Scarlett Johansson’s reportedly engaged to her French beau Romain Dauriac! This has not been confirmed by her rep yet but… ummm… check out the ROCK that is conveniently located on her left ring finger… just saying.
So… who’s floating around the rumor mill?
Pippa Middleton is rumored to be off the market and happily engaged to her stockbroker boyfriend, Nico Jackson, of just six months. After rumors started circulating, a ring that was seen was then not there anymore. However, even more is going around that the engagement should be confirmed after her birthday. The couple is crazy in love together, but didn’t want to take any shine away from Katie, William, and the baby. No offense, Pippa, but I don’t think you needed to worry there!
Last, but certainly not least, Mila Kunis stepped out with a simple, thin gold band on that finger. While it definitely doesn’t scream ENGAGEMENT, it definitely has started some buzz circling Kunis and Ashton Kutcher’s relationship. This is personally one of my favorite couples at the moment. Jackie and Kelso, at last! (Watch That ’70s Show if unfamiliar with the reference!
Photo Credits: Instagram, People, and E Online
This week, we get relationship advice from celebrities such as Jenny McCarthy, Paula Abdul and Audrina Patridge, as well as from fine jewelry designers including Simon G and Phyllis Bergman .
Watch the episode to find out what they have to say about moving in together before getting engaged or married.
The art of expressing yourself with words sometimes seems a dying art to me. Thanks to e-mail, Twitter, Facebook, texting, and everything else our world now has to offer, taking the time to really sit down and express your love for your significant other isn’t usually on the top of one’s priority list.
So if you’re thinking of proposing, and perhaps your girl is a sucker for the written word–check this out. Here are my pointers on writing the ultimate love letter to have her weak in the knees and ready for you to drop to one of your own.
1. Compliment more than just her beauty. While girls love to hear that they’re beautiful, and odds are you can’t tell her enough, make sure you compliment more than just her good looks. Find something extra special about her that attracts you to her, and elaborate. Do you think she’s extraordinarily kind? Do you think she’s an amazing chef? The thicker you lay it on, the better.
2. Make sure it’s genuine. You don’t want to pull every cliche-compliment-love-letter-gushiness out and just stick it in there. Unlike in A Knight’s Tale, this should just be coming from you and your heart. Don’t tell her her eyes “sparkle like the stars” and she has a “heart of gold” unless you have somewhere to go with it. You want this to be about HER, not any girl walking down the street.
3. Use your hands. Anyone can take a few minutes here and there and type something up. Especially if you work on the computer, or you’re always doing your school work on there, that love letter can be a distraction rather than the main event. Set aside some time, pull out some pretty paper (OK… it doesn’t have to be “pretty”), and really WRITE THE LETTER. Use your cursive, or take your time and just make sure it’s truly legible.
4. Pull out some poetry. This is where you can borrow from the greats (unless you really want to impress her and write down some lines). If she has a favorite, do your research and find a poem that truly reminds you of her; do this even if she doesn’t have a favorite! If you’re having a hard time getting your own words on paper, look for inspiration elsewhere. I promise you once you start writing on your own, it will be hard not to stop writing about the love of your life.
5. Write it right. Don’t forget, this is a love letter. Starting it off with, “Dearest”, ”Beloved”, or “My Darling” is more than necessary. This includes when you finish it! Sign off with, “Forever Yours”, “All My Love”, or slip in a hint and use, “Your Loving Fiance”.
6. Presentation is everything. If she loves getting mail, you can mail the letter to her. However, this could get tricky if you want to be there ready to propose. Present it on a pillow, with roses, in a box of chocolates– your options here are really endless. It’s just another wonderful touch to make your proposal extra special.
Even if you are already married, engaged, or just in a relationship– there is never a wrong time to write a love letter!
Photo Credit: rosefarm.com
Couric has been a widow since 1998 when her husband Jay Monahan died of colon cancer. She was left as a single mother of two daughters, who are now 21 and 17. Here’s hoping they are excited for their mother’s second marriage!
Congratulations, John, Katie, and family!
Photo Credit: Time Newsfeed
Fall is in the air! Can you believe it? Maybe not if you’re living somewhere that still has ninety-degree heat. But trust me. It’s on its way. And you want to be prepared for one sweet seasonal proposal, don’t you? Here are two simple fall proposals for you outdoorsy-like folks!
1. Rake some leaves. Invite your sweetie over to rake some leaves together. Make a huge pile, throw some at each other, jump in them– do what you will! In the midst of all those beautiful colors and your hard work, get down on one knee and propose. Don’t have a yard? Go to her place! She doesn’t have a yard? Go to her parents’ house! There are many ways this could work and it wouldn’t take much to make it happen!
2. Take a hike. If you enjoy the outdoors, there’s nothing better than hiking in the midst of fall. Take a look at all the foliage, push barriers in the cool weather, cuddle up at the top of a mountain together… you see what I mean? When the view is just right, take out that ring and ask the question. Just make sure if you are on top of a mountain that the ring goes immediately from the box to the finger and there’s no, “Oh, you do it!” confusion.
Who else is ready for this time of year? I know I am!
Photo Credit: khq.com
Summer is coming to an end so I thought I’d share with you one outstanding beach proposal.
I suppose it helped that John wont a contest through Zales The Diamond Store and IBEROSTAR Hotels & Resorts to make this proposal come true. Out of many, many entries he was one lucky man to win his dream proposal (aka “the most epic proposal”).
Kylie thinks she and John have won a getaway to the Riviera Maya. They are at the IBEROSTAR Grand Hotel Paraiso, and while they are enjoying the perks of the resort, a huge sand castle is being built just for Kylie! As they emerge on to the beach to watch some local dancing and get a look at the sand castle, a red carpet is rolled out just for her and she’s given a tiara.
John and Kylie are lead by resort staff to the front of the castle, where John drops to one knee and asks Kylie to be his princess forever (around 1:30).
I love this proposal. I also like that John clearly planned this out for Kylie, with the whole princess theme. It just shows how much he loves her!
Congratulations, John, on winning the contest, and congratulations to you both on your engagement!
Whether you are religious or not, this couple’s story is positively the sweetest. Sam and Margarita met when they were in Margarita’s older brother’s wedding together. From that moment, they began talking and sharing adventures together. Sam said from the beginning he was not only committing to Margarita, but also to her son. He had the utmost respect for her as a single mother, and refused to even consider a relationship unless he knew he could take on the pair of them.
Sam planned a proposal in front of Margarita’s community; it’s where they spent most of their time, and where they served together as missionaries. He decided to involve the kids, but most importantly her son.
If you would like to skip ahead, the proposal begins at 1:20 (so you can hear him explaining precisely what’s going on).
I love that Sam knew from the beginning the role he was going to have to play not only with his future wife, but also with his future step-son. Men who take on single mothers have my greatest respect because they are taking on multiple roles in a new life.
Congratulations you three!