November 1, 2014 (All Day)
November 13, 2014 (All Day)
Start your wishlist and receive exclusive ring, giveaways and sales alerts
I never knew that hot dog eating contests were so big, but it makes since that on the Fourth of July we want to celebrate by, you know, stuffing our faces. Joey Chestnut was a contester at the Nathan’s Hot Dog Eating Contest, but he had a surprise to win his girlfriend as well as focusing on winning on the contest.
I think it’s so great that she was there supporting him. Couples who can do things together and support each other through everything are focused on what’s important. I want to know what hoops he had to jump through to make this happen. As the video opens, his girlfriend is being interviewed like she’s just any spectator, but as he emerges behind her and is waved around by the interviewer, it becomes pretty clear what’s about to happen.
Honestly, I was kind of disappointed that he had the ring out right away. Before he even got down on one knee she saw it and knew what was coming.
I absolutely love spending quality time with the hubs. Whether it’s watching a movie, going out on the town, or staying in and playing board games– my love tank is fullest when we’re together. So how do you work this into your proposal? If you and your significant other lead busy lives and maybe sometimes have a difficult time penciling in the time, make it a point to build up to your proposal with these ideas!
1. Date Night. This may seem dumb to mention, but have actually date nights are important. While this may consist of take out and time on the couch most of the time, it’s important to have time together out and about. If this is something you maybe haven’t done in a while, plan a special date out just for the two of you. This doesn’t mean your proposal has to be public, but it’s a good way to remind her that you love being out with her before you pop the question.
2. Do something she likes. Maybe your quality time is usually spent watching sports games when she’d like to go see a musical. Make her feel special by doing something she loves to do. Is she a talker? Take her out to dinner with no distractions where you guys can have one-on-one conversation about everything she can possibly think of. This will let her know how much you appreciate her, and how you really are willing to compromise now and later on once the vows have been exchanged.
3. Say “No” to pressure. Take the pressure off of your sweetie and plan the dates, or at least one. Make sure it centers around what she wants to do and make sure you give her your attention. This is what quality time is all about– spending time with each other.
What do you and your sweetie like to do for quality time?
Photo Credit: Shutterstock
JP and Amanda met at early morning workouts at their local CrossFit gym. When JP decided it was time to pop the question, there was no doubt in his mind where he wanted to do it.
Amanda hates doing Burpees, so he got the class in on the proposal and started with her “favorite” workout. At 1:50 when everyone stays on the ground and Amanda looks a bit confused, she starts laughing and crying when JP starts his one-man dance for his proposal.
I think it really took some guts to do it this way. Normally you’d get the whole class in on the proposal or a group of people, but not JP. When it gets to 3:10 he drops to one knee and proposes.
If you watch after the proposal you get glimpses of her ring and everyone reacting. I’d say JP did a wonderful job!
While you probably shouldn’t base your life off of Romantic Comedies, you have to admit we all have moments we like to think are movie worthy. When it comes to proposing, there’s a reason women use the phrase ‘like a movie’. So how can you give your girl her dream proposal? Take it from ‘the greats’.
1. Love Actually. In Love Actually, Colin Firth’s character Jamie Bennet probably has the best romance (in my opinion) when he falls in love with his Portuguese housekeeper. My favorite scene is when pages from his book go flying and they’re in the lake trying to communicate. This infatuation exceeds expectations and Jamie learns to speak the woman’s native tongue and asks her to “marriage” him in front of her entire family and a restaurant full of neighbors. While you may not have to learn a different language to propose, come up with a grand gesture of your own that you know will sweep her off her feet!
2. He’s Just Not That Into You. For couples who may have been together for a while or co-habitat, something simple but meaningful never goes unnoticed. Who didn’t crack a grin when Ben Affleck’s character Neil proposed to Jennifer Aniston’s character Beth by hiding the ring in an old pair of pants he promised to throw away? Find a way to sneak the proposal into your everyday routine, making it simple but meaningful just for the two of you.
3. Sweet Home Alabama. Leading your girl into an unknown place, in the dark, only to have the lights turn on and be in the center of Tiffany’s to pick out an engagement ring– that’s over the top! Even though Reese Witherspoon didn’t end up with Patrick Dempsey in the end, I’d say this proposal would win any girl over. While this may be above and beyond your budget, surprising your girl with the ability to pick out her own ring could be exactly her style!
4. The Proposal. One of the most unusual proposals where Margaret (Sandra Bullock) proposes to Andrew (Ryan Reynolds) on the street is probably one of my favorites. While the first proposal is a business proposal from Margaret, so to say, the second one is positively adorable when Andrew says, “Marry me because I’d like to date you.” What do you think about the proposing to your fella?
Photo Credit: Jim Hill Media
Some areas of the country can be, well, miserable during the summer months. There may be moments where you don’t even want to venture out to enjoy the sunshine because it’s just too hot or you feel like you’re drinking the air due to the humidity. This shouldn’t stop you from proposing, however. Here are three summer proposals specifically geared towards beating the heat.
1. Photo Booth Proposal. If you’re having a day where you’re walking around the mall or visiting an arcade or whatever it is you do, odds are you’re going to pass the photo booth that’s always been there. Convince your sweetie to take some pictures with you and pull out the ring in the second frame (depending on how many you get) or hold up a sign or do what you do– that way you’ll capture everything in pictures, and it will be something to always hold on to.
2. Water Balloons. You’re never too old for water balloons. Plan a water balloon fight with your friends or just your significant other on a day that may be extra hot and miserable. Tell her you’ll get the balloons and line them up with the letters for “Marry Me?” Then you can take cute pictures of the balloons before, and have someone take a picture of a water balloon fight as your engagement photos!
3. Boating, anyone? From paddle boats to sail boats, it’s always cooler on the water. Plan a trip or outting where you get to enjoy some water and pick a moment to propose! Just make sure that the ring goes straight from the box to her finger.
Photo Credit: Angela and Ithyle
It’s not secret that today people kind of expect you to be able to use a glue gun– or at least some popsicle sticks and Elmer’s glue. So how do you put this expected craftiness to work when it comes to proposing? Surprise with your girl something made from the heart (that won’t go to her thighs) and she’s bound to keep it in a place of honor– even if it isn’t professional-worthy.
1. Ask her with art. Spell out “MARRY ME?” with some crayons on a canvas. All around it you can take a hair dryer to other crayons to give it a “splatter” effect with the melted wax. It’s something she’ll be able to keep and is low maintenance/cost.
2. Put it in her fortune cookie.http://livelaughrowe.com/fabulous-felt-fortune-cookies/ I don’t mean a real one, either. Follow this link for instructions on how to make felt fortune cookies for this special occasion! This could carry over as a theme for wedding invites, favors, and more!
3. Put it on a mug. All you need is a standard mug and a sharpie to make this work. Write out your message, do some doodles, and stick that thing in the oven to make sure the message stays put. Voila! You have something to serve her coffee to her with that morning. Just make sure you have the ring handy– and don’t put it at the bottom of her glass!
Photo Credit: Instagram
It’s a beautiful day for sky diving. What Nicole didn’t expect was for Brandon to propose to her while in the air. ‘
What she definitely didn’t expect was for him to drop the ring.
Good thing it was a fake!
She, perhaps, hadn’t caught on to that just yet when she let go of Brandon to free-fall… since she reciprocated his actions with a one-finger salute, if you know what I mean.
Since I don’t think anyone would ever get me to go skydiving, I would never have to worry about a proposal like this. What are your thoughts in the midst of proposing?
Proposing can be complicated. Here are some things to keep in mind when you’re getting ready to pop the question! For more, follow this link.
Do…Make it a surprise.
Even if you guys have been talking about marriage and she knows there’s a proposal in her future, make it a surprise. Don’t be like, “So, you want to do this thing?” just because she knows you guys want to get married. Personalize it, catch her off guard, and go as above and beyond as you possibly can (if she’s into that sort of thing, of course).
Don’t…Propose too early.
I am all for believing in you don’t have to date a ridiculously long time to know that you’re with the one you want to marry, but sometimes a quick proposal can scare her off. Women want to be wooed and loved and know that you’re the one who’s willing to keep it up the rest of your lives. Marriage really does change things, so make sure you guys have approached the subject even in the widest of contexts before popping the question.
Do…Know if she wants to pick out her own engagement ring.
This may come across as high maintenance or picky, but women like their jewelry. Remember that she’s going to be wearing this ring for the rest of her life, so if she has a style or specific ring in mind make sure you know. It’s easy to get her friends to snoop for you if you want to ask for some help, and if you don’t there are always smooth ways to figure out just what she likes. An example would be comparing rings her friends or family members might have to what she wants.
Want more Do’s and Don’ts? Let me know! I’m happy to oblige.
If you didn’t know, Bonnaroo is an annual four-day music festival held on a 700-acre farm in Tennessee. That sounds pretty awesome, doesn’t it? Apparently it’s also known as a new generation’s Woodstock, but let’s not get into that.
There with friends, this guy arranges for all of these people to start handing his girlfriend flowers and others are blowing bubbles in their direction. As she’s distracted by the strangers handing her flowers, her boyfriend kneels down on one knee. Obviously this was arranged to be this way, but how perfect is it?
I love that the proposal happens in front of a board that says, “ALL YOU NEED IS…”. I mean, HOW PERFECT?
There’s nothing like going all out when it comes to your proposal. If you have the funds or the connections, here are three of my favorite extravagant proposal ideas.
1. Billboard Style. Whether there’s a certain way your girl drives to work every day or you guys are planning a trip together where something like this could be spotted– a billboard is bound to get attention, and not just hers! If you’re looking for some public recognition of your relationship, saying it on a gigantic sign that hundreds of people or more could see is definitely the way to go!
Check out this fantastic proposal from Bangladesh. Want to know the catch? The girl proposed to the guy in this love story! Photo Credit: Priyo News
2. Say it in the sky. What’s above a billboard? Sky messages, of course! Whether you have someone write it in the sky or carry a message like this one, it’s hard to say no to something like this. Photo Credit: Sky-Ads
3. Do it like Kanye. I know not everyone can rent out a stadium for their proposal, clearly– but going above and beyond in a celebrity style for your proposal is not such a bad idea. I think it’s an amazing idea to include friends and family when it comes to proposing, but only go all out this way if you know it’s what your sweetie wants. Photo Credit: MTV Style.