Comments (103)

1. juliette says:

We would suggest to change the conversation and just enjoy being together. He proposed, don’t overthink it.
    Best,
    E101

2. Veronica says:

My fiancé and i were at walmart and he said if you can find someone to get to the jewelry counter we can get your ring. i found a walmart employee and got the ring i wanted but when we got out to the car we got in and he said will you marry me? i said yes of course but should he re propose?? i didnt really like the way it happened it wasnt too memberable

3. Andy says:

I am proposing to my boyfriend next weekend. We are going apple picking, then to a corn maze, then to carve pumpkins BUT we will be with friends. I am sure that I will be able to pull him aside to propose but I am not sure what the most romantic way for me to do it.

I gave him a ring about a year ago just as an “i Love you” present and I had the name of a poem I wrote engraved on the ring. On the inside of this ring I had “Always & Forever” because I always say that and he responds “Forever & Always”.

Please help!

4. juliette says:

Hi Andy,
    Did you have a specific question for us?

5. juliette says:

Hi Veronica,
    Well, that’s not for you to decide and not a good idea to complain. Either have a friend do it or propose to him yourself in a nice way to show him the way?

6. My son and his bride-to-be are given an engagement party and I am one of the 4 people throwing the party. The invitations are sent out by email by another member of the 4 of us. Do I still have to rsvp – even though I am one of the organizing four? It seems evident that I will be attending, considering all the emails that went to and fro between the 4 of us. I thought that as per etiquette, I should not even receive an invitation, because that is akin to inviting myself to a party I am giving! Your comments please.

7. Chris miller says:

Wanting to know about a red white blue style engagement ring for my proposal and where to orders it

8. Mae says:

I saw this ring I am absolutely in love with on the front page. But I can’t find it on the site. Could you please help me find it? I need to know the price to let my boyfriend know. You know for a Christmas present!;) I’m Kinda hinting around the subject of marriage. We’ve been together for a little over a year and have talked about it multiple times, he also just asked me to move in with him because he believes I’m the one and I believe he’s the one too. So could you please help me find the price of the ring? It’s the L2636. That one that’s modeled after the Edwardian piece.
    Thank you!

9. juliette says:

Hi Mae!
    Do you have a link to the image of the ring? Do you know the designer or in which article it was featured?

10. juliette says:

Hi Annemie,
    If it says on the invite that you are hosting the party, of course not. If not, you have to.

11. juliette says:

Any of the rings in our gallery can be customized with gemstones of the color you want. You can pick settings you like and then contact the designers.

12. Sri says:

Is it good to purchase a platinum ring or white gold? If platinum how many carats of platinum is good

13. Phil says:

I have been going with my girlfriend for 2 years now and am ready to propose. I’m 64 and have been divorced for 10+ years. She’s 56 and a widow of 4 yrs. now. My question is should I have a ring or would it be best to pick it out together? thanks!

14. Luke says:

If her parents have already “signed off” on the engagement is it proper to have her family there when the man actually pops the question or is it better when its jst the two getting engaged to be there for a more intament time???

15. juliette says:

Hi luke,
    You don’t have to have the parents there at all. You can do your intimate and romantic proposal and then organize a dinner party to celebrate with family and friends.

16. shameka says:

I have been with my boyfriend for 6yrs now and we have 2 kids together. We have talked about marriage and both agreed on me proposing to him, I actually love the idea. My problem is I HAVE NO IDEA ON HOW TO!!!!!! He don’t like a lot of attention but he would enjoy a little lol, and he figures things out. I had an idea to incorporate our kids who are 1 and almost 3, please help with some ideas.

17. juliette says:

Hi Shameka!
    You can check the hashtag #proposetohim on Instagram. We held a contest and our readers came up with great ideas on how to propose to him!!
    Best,
    E101

18. ashley says:

Me and my boyfriend has been together for 4 years and had out first child a year ago. We would of been engaged for 2 years but i called it off.(you will see why) But here’s the problem before we got together he was in a relationship with his first love for 3 years . He says she will always have a place in his heart and I understand that she was his first love…and he has always told me if she wanted closer he would talk to her cause they ended bad. Well one day he called after work long story short he had to do something that would take a while. Well me while I got a call stayin him an her are together at the park so I go there and yes I showed my but that’s when I called the engagement off. But after that we was broke up for a week an while we was broke up he was talking to her an hung out with her twice .me while he was telling me he lied about it cause he new how I would act an that either way he was coming home to me but since I acted crazy I made his mind for him well we argued that week an yes I was scared he was going back to her so I said something I should not have I told him I would go make it where no women canbe around our kid unless he was married to her well we fussed an then latter he wanted to tall he said he called her an said if u love something u have to set it free and he’s setting her free an that me and him are trying to work thing out. Every since that day I worried ifiI wouldn’t have said what I said we wouldn’t be together and he tells me to this day he could of had her back but he chose me an his baby that he wants to be with his family and he loves me and wants to spend his life with me..but why has he not purposed. He says we will get married one day .but I don’t know what to think. So now u know the whole thing what do u think about my situation. Thanks

19. ashley says:

Well things have been great with us .my only worried is that he tells me he does but deep down inside he still wants her an don’t see us together forever.

20. juliette says:

Hi Ashley,
    Since you are a family unit and seem to still be in love with him, you should work on staying together. Since you had an issue and he fixed the problem, it’s a good sign. Try to focus on the road ahead, stop talking about the past and talk together about your future.
    Best,
    E101

21. Tawny says:

I had been with my man for 10 years, with a 3 year separation… and now it’s been a year since we’ve been back together… we have a child, we have raise two together… We were GOING to get married after his proposal on year 2 the first time around… but I wound up pregnant… and was too big for my dress, and too emotional to be NOT finding the wedding location, and after that… financial reasons, and it was more affordable for us to both go to school “single”… then it was me who wasn’t ready… anyways… This past year back together has been wonderful, and I intend to propose to HIM this time around. Finding a ring for a proposal FROM a woman TO a man has been difficult as there are not a lot of options out there. I am looking for something completely unique- and that (he will say yes) will have a companion female engagement ring (because I HAVE to have one too!!) and that we could maybe each ADD the wedding ring to the sets… I have found MANY rings I think he would love….
    http://www.pinterest.com/pin/201536152049208080/ http://www.pinterest.com/pin/201536152049208115/

so an idea of what he likes… WHERE DO I SHOP FOR WHAT IT IS THAT I AM LOOKING FOR!?!?!?!

22. juliette says:

Hi Tawny,

That’s a great idea!
    What is your budget? Where are you located?

Best,
    E101

23. amber says:

Hi my boyfriend of 7.8yrs have been living together for about 4yrs. And he have not. Proposed. I was wondering if he will ever proposed or if he is ready. We talk about it but now he getting annoyed that I keep bringing it up. What should I do?

24. Sheila Ambrose says:

Does all diamond engagement rings designed by Sylvie Collection have the “Sylvie”
    stamped on inside of the ring band.

It took the jeweler over 7 weeks to get my Sylvie ring and the stamp is not
    inside my ring. Something doesn’t sit right with me and the ring cost a lot of
    money.
    Is there a way to contact Sylvie or the mfs directly? The jeweler insisted that
    some do not have the “sylvie” stamp.
    The style listed on paperwork is SY999.
    Thank you for your help!

25. Kimberly says:

I have been with my boyfriend for almost three years. He recently asked me what style of wedding ring I would like, he even took me to a jewelry store so I could give him some ideas. He has talked about a destination wedding in Maui and have a reception at home. About a month later he planned and booked a trip to Paris France. His mom and all my friends kept telling me he was going to propose to me there, I thought so to. We had a very romantic and amazing time but he did not propose! I was so hurt and sad. Should I be concerned that he changed his mind? I’m feeling very confused!

26. Britni says:

I’m 19 and just got engaged and I don’t know how to tell my mom

27. Lily euwer says:

I would like the ruby with diamond baquettes jessica simpson has,in fake,where can i find this?

28. JP says:

Im thinking about proposing on the slopes this January in Denver. My girlfriend and I have always loved winter sports and all her friends are coming on this trip so I think this will be the best chance, my idea is as follow:

I was thinking of having each friend hold a A4 cardboard banner (6feet by 4 feet) that spells out WILL YOU MARRY ME ( I have 12 friends on the trip, so 2 letters would have to be managed. In the meantime I would be taking her up to the top of the slope since we both have skiied before and my friends are still novice, while I have my friends waiting at the bottom of the slope or in a area thats picturesque so she could see the sign and turn back to me with me kneeling down asking her to marry me….

Thoughts? Any suggestions

29. juliette says:

Hi!
    This is great. Good thinking. Getting your friends involved is great support. Make sure they also take pictures and a video!
    Best,
    E101

30. Andrea fowler says:

So I am going to propose to my boyfriend of 4 years we live together now 3 years have a blended family have talked marriage we both agree we want to get married someday.I have been planning to ask him to marry me what’s your advice on a woman proposing to a man and what’s a few ways that you can suggest

31. Christina says:

I have been dating my boyfriend for 2 years, before me he was with a girl for 14 yrs, no ring, no kids.

I have been talking about getting engaged for the past year and he will either ” yeah yeah yeah ” me to death, or he will say he wants marriage but he don’t sure about kids, then when I distance myself from him he changes his mind about kids.

I know he loves me and respects our life together, but he won’t pull the trigger?

He is 43 I am 32 and my clock is ticking. Should I move on? Should I stay? I’m so confused !!!

HELP!

32. Dahna says:

Hi I saw previous question someone posted about a woman proposing to her man, what I wanna know is if the woman does it
    Who would have the ring and who gives it. Cause I don’t know if the 2 people should have the
    Ring picked out already or if the woman give s the guy a ring. Tell me what u do?

33. juliette says:

Hi Christina,

How is your relationship in general ? Does he make you happy ?
    Make sure to tell him how you truly feel and how having a family and building a home with him is what you want for your future.
    The most important thing is that you both share the same goals in your relationship. If you both want different things, you’ll have to make some decisions.

Hope this helps,
    E101

34. juliette says:

Hi Dahna,
    The woman should have a ring for the man when proposing.
    Best,
    E101

35. Kat says:

My boyfriend and I have been together for six years and we went out to dinner and walked around town while stopping for a drink. After awhile, he asks me, “If it wasn’t for our current situation (not financially stable, me not having a job, and him not having a better paying job — we are not living together) … if I asked you to marry me what would you say?” A couple of days later, I realized that we could have been engaged as of Friday, March 13, 2015. After talking to a friend about this, he told me that I shouldn’t let lack of money or not being stable in life should keep us from doing what we feel is right. My boyfriend and I both voiced how much we want to be marry each other, but our current situation is keeping us from doing so. After that night and once I let what my friend said sit in my head for awhile … it has been bugging me. I am in no way rushing or getting that “itch” to get married, but I often wonder if it wasn’t for the lack of money and a job/better job, would he have proposed to me? I am not really sure of my question, other than what should I/we do?

36. juliette says:

Hi Kat,
    You and your boyfriend seem to be deeply in love. If it’s not the right time to get engaged, it doesn’t take anything away from the love you feel and it will only grow deeper.
    If you are not in a rush, there is nothing wrong with waiting for your situation to be a little more stable before getting engaged, but if getting engaged soon is important to you, nothing prevents you from getting engaged either. You don’t have to get married right away.
    Hope this helps,

Best,
    E101

37. What is engagement a time for?

38. charleen says:

My future son in law ask me to go ring shopping for my daughter with him any opinions

39. Stacy says:

My boyfriend of almost 2 years (anniversary this July) finally told me “we need to go look at rings so I know how much to save up and what to get.” I was beyond ecstatic. We went to look at rings at two stores and the second time shopping I left in tears. I love the cluster quad princess halo style with bling to spare and like the bigger style rings. He likes solitaires. He told me and the sales associate, “Those all look cheap, trashy, and like costume jewellery. If I am buying it I should like it as well.” I understand he should not hate the ring but I am wearing it for the rest of my life and the ones I tried on that he liked honestly left me feeling like, “is that all?” He said price isn’t a huge factor so long as we both like it. He has sent me photos of what he believes is a compromise and I honestly can’t see myself wearing those rings. I don’t even want to go look at rings anymore and I told him that. He still believes we should keep looking as we have only been to two locations, yet I have been showing him photos of ones I like and of course he doesn’t like them. I am just at a loss and have no idea what to do. I can compromise by looking for rings with one center stone instead of 4 but I honestly can’t forgo the big and shiny look. Every ring I have tried on that has a big center stone with less bling on the side and without a halo left me disappointed and bored. I would greatly appreciate some input on this as what was supposed to be a happy and great point in our lives is now full of frustration and sadness.

40. juliette says:

Hi Charleen,

It’s all about your daughter, think about what she wears, what she likes, what she would like. What kind of accessories does she like, colors, etc…?

Where are you located? We can recommend retailers in your area! Or you can use our local directory to find a jewelry store near you: http://www.yourengagement101.com/engagement-rings/?regional_shop

Best,
    E101

41. juliette says:

Hi Stacy,

So first and foremost solitaires are over. The reason being that no girl or her boyfriend want a ring that has been made zillions of times and that everyone could have. You need something special. Of course you are the one wearing the ring so you need to pick and like it. However your boyfriend’s personality seems to be about also being proud of what he is buying you.

Maybe it’s just about going to the right store! Where are you located so we can recommend a great store that will find the perfect ring for both of you?

Best,
    E101

42. Tracy says:

Hello, I wondering what type of ring style fits certain hand shapes best. I have long fingers and short nails. I tried a couple of circular styles and just don’t thing they look very good. Any suggestions on what style to try?

43. juliette says:

Hi Tracy,
    We have a great article about what rings are best for which finger shapes: http://www.yourengagement101.com/rings/2015/11/the-right-engagement-ring-for-your-ring-finger-shape/
    Best,
    E101

44. Elizabeth says:

we are a young couple planning to wed this year. we want to have the engagement between families and then follow it with a party where we would exchange vows,how should we go by it.

45. Nemo says:

My long distant boyfriend that I just reunited after 32 years just out of the blue asked me if I would marry hi and I said absolutely that I have always loved him. I am wondering if he want to get married sooner or later.

46. Matt says:

I want to incorporate my girlfriend’s son (19) and daughter (17) into my proposal in some way. Ideas?

47. Isaac Rivas says:

Is there a way of proposing at the zoo or aquarium and making it special? She is a huge animal lover. Or any other ideas of where to pop the question?

Ask a Question